Monday, July 19, 2021

My Mom's Letter to my Dad, ... on my Birthday

4/26

Dearest Rod,

Thank you so much for calling me at work this morning, at 9 a.m., the twenty-third anniversary (to the minute) of our son's birth. Giving birth – giving life – to Douglas was one of the finest things I ever did, and I couldn't have done it withoutyou.

That, by the way, goes for a lot of fine things I've done: I couldn't have done them without your cooperation, help, and support. Sometimes I try to imagine what my life would have been like w/o you and let me tell you, it's not a pretty picture I don't see anything I can admire. You know you were a turning point for me. I have never regretted finding you, chasig you mercilessly, marrying you.

Because, you know this – I admire you, my love.

me



No comments: