Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Hard Day


Dear LORD,

Thank You for today. It was a hard day at work for everybody, but, by Your Grace, everyone kept their tempers in check and did what needed to be done.  And still we failed to achieve our aim, at every possible level and in every possible way.  We failed. And today, after this morning, work is going to be a serious place where we are going to take owership for what we did do and what we didn't, and be responsible and responsive to our coworkers.

Thank you, LORD, for all the support I received today, so that at least i could deliver what we said we would, and in a working state, too. Thank You for Alejandro, for showing me a young man dedicated to getting things done, regardless of what sacrifice he made to do it.

LORD, thank You for my family.  I pray for Aaron and Trish. And I thank You for my father, a mand of generous spirit.  Thank You for the kindness of my wif in coming to fetch me from work, even though she was tired beyond measure, and it was past 10:30 pm.

LORD, I am surrounded by such self-sacrificing and self-giving people. Help me to be deserving to such goodness. It's Holy Week. Help me to be Holy, sanctified.

We are going up to Vermont for Easter weekend, please let this be a family gathering that is peaceful for my sister Beki, a weekend filled with Your Spirit.

I ask all these things in the Name of Jesus, the Christ.

Amen.

No comments: