Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Simple Life: Exercise more; eat less

Dear LORD,

Thank You for today and everyday. Thank You, particularly, for this weekend.  It was special in that we didn't do anything that the World would consider "productive." Instead of working at work or indulging in self-gratifying pleasure, I spent time with my family, my friends, and with th You, my LORD. We went to Mass Saturday night and then again at the Noon Mass on Sunday.  Thank you for giving us the gift of the Mass, in that we may worship You any, and even every, day of the week.

Then we also had a 5k run.../walk. I saw a whole "lotta" walking in that race by most of the participants, except me.  Thank You for giving me the determination to see something through and the stubbornness to see it through to the end.  "Run the race to win." Thank You, also, for giving me the humility to see how much, much better I could have been if I had prepared better by exercising more and eating less than what I did.

Life is simple, like You: cause follows effect follows cause. Help me to live a simple life in Your Love, through Jesus, the Christ.

Amen.

No comments: