Friday, November 8, 2013

Being Still

Dear LORD,

Thank You for today, today in which I can honor You. This is my joy, that I may sit here and pray before You. Here, it is simple, but outside it is not so easy. Is this my time of Peace? Should I be still now and know that You are God? But I find myself scared, angry and bitter. So much for being still. Is this, then the lesson I should be learning? Or, is this the time to plant, now, to, in this time of preparation, to work, and to work hard, to plant, now, so that in this time of the harvest I am blessed, superabundantly, with Your Graces? Is this the time, now, to be both and to do both? To be still, and calm, and know that You are God, and, at the same time, to answer Your Call and go out to the fields, and to work like never before, because the work is required and the workmen are few?

So hard, outside, but so simple: Mother Teresa knew what to do, and she did it. St. Pop John Paul II knew what to do, and he did it, and he had fun with his work, too. My Nana knew what to do, and she did it, every day of her life. All thoughtful people, but they didn't let their thoughts get in the way of what needed to be done, and not what they wanted to do, but what you did and what was in Your Plan. They submitted themselves wholly to Your Will, Your Plan, and they gave their time and their efforts to what was needed and didn't regard what they wanted. And look what they did!

Is now my time, LORD, to do Your Will?

I ask this in the Name of Jesus, the Christ.

Amen.

No comments: