Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Work


Dear LORD,

Thank You for today, my first day back at work after a three-month hiatus. Thank You for the financial hardship, for the lesson that this is not the answer, being a consultant in the financial industry, that this only provides for today but does not help my family in stability and security.  Help me to see that working long hours for someone else does not help my family. Help me to work, to work hard, to enjoy my work before me, but then to set that all aside and then actually to do good, lasting labor.

Please bless the work of my hands, please bless that I do on the job and let it be a blessing to my employers and coworkers. Please bless the time with my family, please continue to make me, and to remake me, a blessing to my wife and my daughters, to my sisters, and to my parents, to my cousins and my aunts and uncles. Then please strengthen me and let me labor with a will and then with solid results. Help me to build a strong, steady foundation that will secure my family's financial future.

I ask all these things in the Name of Jesus, the Christ.

Amen

No comments: